A certified Holistic HygioPhysician® is a Holistic Medicine & Non-Medical Nutrition Doctor that specializes in Non-Medical Nutrition as well as in Hygienic and Holistic Natural Health, Healing & Nutrition whose alternative health principles and holistic education are based on the Hygienic Natural Health philosophy.
In past history, HygioPhysicians were referred to as Hygienic Doctors who taught at Natural Hygiene Schools the Natural Hygiene Diet and Healing Principles of disease. As a School of Natural Hygiene, the course curriculum was strictly composed of Natural Hygiene Courses.
This course program certifies that the student has completed The University of Natural Health's Holistic HygioPhysician® certified program.
Upon successful completion of the program, the student will earn and be permitted to use the Holistic HygioPhysician® designation, and will receive a Certification Certificate granted through The University of Natural Health.
- The Holistic HygioPhysician® designation may only be used by persons who have received HygioPhysician certification through The University of Natural Health.
- The Holistic HygioPhysician® will be required to report every three years for recertification. A Certified Holistic HygioPhysican® will be required to complete at least one or two selected courses by The University of Natural Health as proof of their continuing educational commitment and excellence towards the Hygienic Natural Health philosophy.
- The determining factor as to whether or not a Holistic HygioPhysician® has met the standards, and future amendments or changes thereof, will be determined at the sole discretion of The University of Natural Health.
- The Holistic HygioPhysician® must satisfactorily complete one or two specified courses by The University of Natural Health with a 3.0 G.P.A.
- The Holistic HygioPhysician® must practice within the scope of the Hygienic Natural Health philosophy, which will solely be determined by The University of Natural Health.
- The Holistic HygioPhysician® who does not practice within the scope of the Hygienic Natural Health philosophy will have their certification revoked unless discontinued upon investigation conducted by The University of Natural Health.
Deposits, Not Withdrawals®
Program Course Descriptions
- HD-101: Behavioral Science of Disease
This course focuses on the correction of disease through a process referred to as Orthopathy. Ortho means upright, correct. Pathology means the study of disease or the study of suffering. Disease is right action or right suffering, says Dr. Jennings, the greatest pathologist of the 19th century. This course covers definitions, etiologies, and very effective, Natural and Hygienic healing formulas for disease as presented by Dr. Herbert M. Shelton. (4.0 credits)
- HD-102: Maximum, Body Energy & Energy Healing Concepts
This course presents the most advanced concepts on how to increase and maintain the body's maximum nerve energy for maximum health, physical strength, and endurance. Maximum nerve energy is also the key for healing disease holistically and its prevention. (4.0 credits)
- HD-103: Fasting: The Spiritual Art of Restoring & Preserving Health
This course demystifies the practice of fasting when ill and presents the amazing usefulness of the practice in restoring health. During a fast, the body rests and then uses recuperated energy to repair itself. Fasting is thus the quickest, safest, and most natural practice known to reverse and completely eliminate acute disease. Fasting is also highly effective in arresting, if not reversing virtually all chronic diseases, provided that cellular integrity and organic structure have not been irreversibly compromised. When cellular integrity and organic structures have been compromised, complete reversal and recovery may not be possible; but arrest of the disease process and higher levels of health can in most cases be achieved. (4.0 credits)
- HD-104: Psychoneuroimmunology: Introduction
This course provides an excellent overview of the science of Psychoneuroimmunology and its philosophies, which laid the groundwork for modern-day mind/body healing techniques in the medical and healing arts worlds. The student's attention is drawn to many experiments, proving the authenticity of the concepts unique to Psychoneuroimmunology. (4.0 credits)
- HD-105: Advanced Natural Health & Healing I
This course presents the greatest Hygienic laws and natural health concepts laid down in the 20th century by Dr. Herbert M. Shelton. The student will learn, in depth, the true art and concepts of the restoration and preservation of natural health by natural, unadulterated means. (4.0 credits)
- HD-106: Advanced Natural Health & Healing II
This course is a continuation of Advanced Natural Health I and further presents the greatest Hygienic laws and natural health concepts laid down in the 20th century by Dr. Herbert M. Shelton. The student will learn, in even further depth, the true concepts of the restoration and preservation of natural health by natural, unadulterated means. (4.0 credits)
- HD-107: Natural HygioPhysician Counseling Practice: The Legal Requirements & Responsibilities of a Holistic HygioPhysician®: Part I & II
This course teaches the legal in's & out's and do's & don'ts of a Holistic HygioPhysician® Counseling Practice. The course also presents very advanced and highly effective counseling techniques that will enable the Holistic HygioPhysician® to show clients and students how to restructure their thinking processes to overcome self-sabotage and to achieve amazing successes in their healthful living habits! (4.5 credits)
- HD-108: Doctorate's Thesis or Sports Nutrition & Physiology
A) Doctorate's Thesis
The student will select a thesis statement and develop it into a 3,000-word, typed, double-spaced Doctorate's Thesis on a specific aspect of natural health, as applied in his or her own life and/or in the lives of others. The student may draw upon any or all of the material from the Doctorate Program in the elaboration of the Doctorate Thesis. (4.0 credits)
- B) Sports Nutrition & Physiology
This course presents a modern and thoroughly up-to-date 21st century study in the physiology of the human organism with specific focus on the physiology of the digestive tract as it relates to nutrition and diseases. Also, emphasis is placed on how the body works to maintain healthy processes, and how the body is protected by its natural immunity system. (3.0 credits)
- A) Doctorate's Thesis
- HD-109-E: The Nature of Spirituality(Optional)
This course will help you as a spiritual person to learn the characteristics of spirituality and how to become filled with spiritual discernment. (4.0 credits)
Elective marked: " — E." is suggested but NOT required for the Program.
Five Prerequisites (BNH-103, 106, 108, 110, MNH-106) are required for the above Degree Program.
"All COURSES AND MATERIALS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE AT THE DISCRETION OF THE UNIVERSITY OF NATURAL HEALTH"